Sunday, December 5, 2010

christmas

so 'tis the season of christmas. and with it comes parties! i have one this coming week for work. i am going this year. but let's rewind to last year and the same christmas party. let me set the stage. i was emailing a colleague to rsvp for the party and the following is a conversation with her:
me: i would like to rsvp for the christmas party.
her: okay, how many are coming with you?(which is a legit question.)
me: oh, it is just me!
her: so you are only going rsvp for one?(but really, she had to ask again if i had a guest to bring with me?)
me: yes, just me. only me. by myself.

i just laughed at this conversation and how she was intent on me going with someone.

this year i rsvp'd for two to save the confusion. in order to rsvp for two, i had to write down someone's name because they wear a name tag throughout the evening. i wrote down the name 'george smith' as my guest. i don't know a 'george smith'. but if i do end up bringing someone, they will be wearing a 'george smith' name tag all evening. and that would be something to laugh at.

but, i am looking forward to getting all dressed up!

maybe i can drag my brother there as 'george smith'?!

No comments: