Saturday, January 1, 2011

a new year...

...new understandings
...new things to be explored
...new things to examine
...new friendships
...new excitement
...new challenges

those are a few things that come to mind as 2010 closed its doors and 2011 came in right on its heals. i learned a lot in 2010. probably the number one thing i had to learn was forgiveness...and by no means do i have it figure out. but by His grace, love, and mercy shown towards me, it gives me the ability to offer forgiveness to each other. it still doesn't make it easy, but easier.

i like that the end of one year and the starting of another causes us to stop and reexamine a few things in our lives. now most of these things that are reexamined never change(old habits die hard). but it is nice thought!

but i thought i would give you a few things that i would like to see(God willing of course!) for 2011:
-find.a.man. whew. there, i said it. a man who loves jesus.
-reading. i would love to read more. stop messing around on the the internet and pick up an actual paperback book.
-cooking. i want to cook more.
-interviews. i need to brush up on my interview skills. i am my worst critic. i sell myself short so many times in interviews and i am sure talk people out of hiring me for jobs.
-craftiness. i want to use my creative juices more. sewing. painting. the list goes on.

well those are enough things to keep me busy for 2011 for awhile. i have several more in my head that i am trying to piece together.

while i enjoy having these things to change in the next year, i am so thankful that my God doesn't change. He never stops with his grace, love, and mercy. He never changes. i want to cling to Him this year more than anything. hold me accountable. when the idols creep in, slap me across the face and point out Scripture to me.

i will leave you with this verse:
psalm 63:1
"O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you;
my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water."

happy new 2011.
love.

No comments: